Saturday, November 3, 2012

Global CyberLympics Results

UMUC Takes Second

The UMUC team has returned home from Miami as heroes!  Representing North America, we out-maneuvered six other teams from Hungary, Brazil, Australia, Nigeria, and Sri Lanka to take 2nd place.  The defending champions, hack.ers (Netherlands), were slow to start, but soon out-paced everyone in obtaining points and maintaining that lead.  The gap between first and second place only widened as the competition picked up pace.

Regardless of what our standing was throughout those grueling six hours, all UMUC team members were focused on doing our best.  It was hard-won, as we were competing with Hungary for that 2nd place ranking up until the very end.  

I was honored to be a member of the UMUC team and represent the United States in this global contest.  I learned so much in preparing for the event, that my mind is still filled with ideas for improving and optimizing the entire workflow.  At work the past two days, these ideas keep popping into the forethought.  This competition has had such an impact on me that it's altered my focus of what I want to do in my free time.  Now I find a burning desire to do everything I can to learn Ruby on Rails and Python so I can be well-versed in scripting components for metasploit.

What I learned most from this competition is that I still have so much to learn, and that the anticipation of doing so makes me excited to see what's next!



No comments :

Post a Comment