Thursday, May 16, 2013
Labels: Windows 8
This is a slight modification of the instructions over at Lifehacker.com, but I just tested this in Windows 8 and it works!
Windows 8: Force Windows to Use Your Wired Connection Instead of Wi-Fi
Posted by Matthew Matchen at 10:48 PM
|Image Credit: Lifehacker.com|
- Open the Control Panel (Win Key + X > Select Control Panel)
- Click on Network and Internet and then on Network and Sharing Center
- On the left hand side, click on Change adapter settings
- Press Alt to open the Folder Menu, and click on Advanced and then Advanced Settings
- Now you see the same graphic as that depicted above!
Make sure Ethernet is above Wi-Fi, click OK, and you're done!
Thanks to Melanie Pinola at Lifehacker.com for this tip. Be sure to check out her article for reader comments that may provide additional tips.